Monday, August 15, 2005

What Ever Happened To...

Add or answer as you see fit.

...water wars?
...cheap 9-volt battery water uzi's that you could hook up to a lantern battery and a backpack full of water?
...Evan?
...Dave Penner?
...Yoda's head?
...North High's record setting marching band?
...Noel Kunkle?
...Dana, Hammer, and the other people on the AMA Blue Tour?
...camping out?
...BBQs on my deck?
...Crime Buster movies?
...Kris's credit in the third one (does anyone still have this)?
...child-hood innocence?
...time to smell the flowers?
...The Asylum?
...WOTG?
...Dr. J?
...Brian?
...April?
...my degree (or lack of one)?
...dreams?
...my old contracts?
...motivation?
...hill hopping?
...my mom's old Subaru?
...my old yellow Celica (Kitty Hawk)?
...sign stealing?
...Bob's finger?
...Mandy?
...MCR?
...Leitersburg Theater?
...the treehouse in my backyard?
...the tree in my backyard?
...the Woods?
...playing paintball?
...Ben's character with the REALLY bad luck when we played Legionaire?
...Mr. Reinhart?
...simplicity?
...that club Jamie and I wanted to start with its own club vehicle?
...breadsticks and Pizza hut?
...Mt Aetna (sp)?
...the Golden Foot?
...haunted houses in my basement?
...going from a 97 degree hot tub to a 64 degree pool and then playing Street Fighter all night long?
...Guile?
...surfing on top of a moving car?
...getting off the moving car in the middle of the night on MCR and watching it drive off into the distance?
...those guys in the white truck with shovels in the descecrated grave yard at midnight on Halloween night on MCR?
...Space: Above and Beyond?
...my high metabolism?
...hanging out?

...the last 30 years?

8 comments:

James said...

Good grief! I don't even know where to begin with this other than by saying, what an excellent post! Everyone knows I'm a big sucker for the "remember when?" stuff. I could write a paragraph or two on just about everything you mentioned. Certainly every time I drive around Hagerstown, as I did this past Saturday, brings back a flood of similar memories. I never signed up for this being a responsible adult business. The only saving grace for me is that I get to live vicariously through my children. Ben and I were reminiscing about some of this stuff just the other weekend. One of the items to add to your list is certainly "Bionic Commando" or Nintendo in general. I was telling Ben about the time I had to hide in the closet in your den when your mom came home because you weren't allowed to have friends over, and I sat in the closet and watched you play Nintendo through the crack in the door. How about the "Pressure Cooker?" Another fond memory from your parents' den. Anyway, I could go on forever about this stuff, but I should get back to work...I'll add additional comments later.

Ben said...

Let's see if I can answer some of these:

...water wars? We still have them to some extent. Ask Jamie about Abby's birthday party....
...Evan? Don't know, don't care.
...Dave Penner? Last I heard he moved to California.
...Crime Buster movies? We're waiting until the kids are old enough to star in the next one.
...time to smell the flowers?
We've got roses planted out front for just that purpose.
...WOTG? It got slain by a stray magic offensive move.
...dreams? Still have 'em, still living some of 'em.
...hill hopping? Ask yourself if you really want to go hill hopping in your Durango....
...Mandy? Last I heard she got married and moved to Frostburg.
...MCR? It's probably still there, but by now I imagine that it's more developed.
...Leitersburg Theater? Alive and kicking. We saw Meet the Fockers there with J&J and Co. over Christmas break.
...playing paintball? I haven't played much since Abby was born, but a friend of mine is trying to get Jamie to start and me to re-start.
...breadsticks at Pizza Hut? I started avoiding Pizza Hut after I learned that they spray extra grease on almost all of their food. Ick!
...Mt Aetna? Unless you're talking about the volcano in Italy, my parents live there now.
...going from a 97 degree hot tub to a 64 degree pool and then playing Street Fighter all night long? We still play video games all night long on occasion....
...Space: Above and Beyond? I never really got into it, so I don't know.
...my high metabolism? The same thing that happened to mine. Welcome to my world.
...the last 30 years? They seem to have flown by, but I've really enjoyed them!

James said...

Some additions...

- Kris' last night at McDonald's
- Apple Valley
- "camping" in my basement
- the "Rumpus Room"
- riding bikes or taking the bus to the Valley Mall
- playing Golden Axe at Time Out
- caving on the C&O Canal
- Antietam Rec.
- Troop 10
- Troop 64
- Toronto & New Orleans
- Brad Smith
- Timmy Sowers
- Bob and the railroad tracks
- CB radios
- Sheetz hot dogs
- etc., etc., etc.

Ryan said...

Sweet, I was hoping to get some good memory jumping out of this one.

You all hit some that I meant to put on that list but forgot, like Brad Smith, riding bikes to the mall, and Nintendo :)

It was fun writing this, I basically just entered the first one and then just went where ever it took me, that's why they are somewhat related in a weird Ryan kinda way.

I'd like to see Kris and Bert chime in on this one, would be interesting to get their feedback too.

Anonymous said...

What about trips to freakin' Waynesboro, Jamie?

Kris

James said...

Okay, okay...and trips to freakin' Waynesboro. S-T-E-L-L-A!!!

Deb said...

I remember when...I was in the North High School Band when it was great
...I went on the AMA Red Tour with Noel Kunkle and Dana Kremples.
...I ran into Noel Kunkle at an Army Commissary in Hanau Germany in 1993.

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder who you are Pass the Potatoes Person

Ryan said...

The wonder is mutual...