Friday, June 03, 2005

WoW, First Impressions

I installed it and played it for about three hours last night. Nice interface, pretty easy and intuitive.

Basically, it's sorta like EQ2-lite. EQ2 is a level of complexity higher than WoW, particularly the crafting stuff. However, both seem to be very enjoyable, and WoW works better in windowed mode so I can work while I play. :)

WoW reminds me VERY much of Fable, the XBox game. If Fable became a multiplayer game, WoW would be it. The graphics are extremely similar.

EQ2 is very much like Morrowind.

4 comments:

Ben said...

I had a lot of fun playing with you guys over the weekend. Thanks for helping me out in a few spots. J&J kept commenting about how fast you're leveling up.

You don't get much sleep do you?

The funny thing about the scope that you sent me is that I had just sent one to Jamie. I can build one for you if I find more Malachite.

BTW: What profession(s) did you pick up? I'm a miner and an engineer. Michelle is a skinner and a tailor.

Ben said...

Happy birthday. Aside from all the 'Turning 30' jokes, Michelle says that it's really not all that different than being 29.

B-)

James said...

Holy crap! 30 years old. Whoever thought back in our middle school days that it would ever come to this? Speaking of that time, I used to always hate having the late birthday in the group, but now I have my sweet (allbeit short-lived) revenge! Seriously, though, hope you have a great birthday.

Ben said...

It's been two weeks. Stop playing WoW and update your stinkin' 'blog! I'm just as hooked as you (maybe moreso), but I at least update my 'blog.

B-)