Monday, July 25, 2005

Why I Don't Drink Alot

Every couple of years I need to go out and have a crappy drinking experience in order to remind myself why I don't do it alot. This past Friday I went out with the roommate and a bunch of people he knew from old work ties. We went to a Happy Hour, then over to Herndon where they have a concert every Friday night. This concert was a band called 'Gonzo's Nose' that does primarly 80's music. They were actually really good. One of the girl's that went with us had dropped off some chairs and a blanket in the afternoon so we had front row seats. Did some more drinking there. Then on to a cool bar in Hernon where we drank more. So much, in fact, that I danced. I don't dance. I suffer from White Guys disease - no rythym. Plus, with the long arms and stuff I look like a damn gorilla having a seizure.

Anyway, after the bar we went to Reston to yet another bar. However, at this point I was drinking solely water since I had to do the drive home at the end of the night. When I drove home I wasn't buzzed or anything anymore so I figured I was home free as far as a hangover or the like would go. Heh, wrong.

Went to bed and fell right a sleep. About 6:30 am I woke up with a nasty headache and some nausea going on. I just kept laying there and then I started to sweat ALOT. And not just normal sweat, but alchol sweat. Ick! Damn that shit stunk...and I sweat for like an hour or something. It was miserable. Too hot under the sheets, too cold with them on. I finally fell asleep until about noon or so and felt ok afterwards. Had to toss everything in the washer though from sweating so much.

Sooo, that is about it really. Hard enough morning to remind me not to do that shit anymore. It should last for another couple of years. Man, I'm getting a headache again just thinking about that.

2 comments:

James said...

Reminds me fondly of your experience when I turned 21. At Oliver's you seemed okay...by the time we hit Denny's you were a wreck! I've had many similar stupid experiences that I vow never to repeat. However, give me another couple years and I'm sure I'll do it again too!

Ben said...

I can honestly say that I'm done with insane drinking after an incident a few years ago. I've gotten a little tipsy from time to time since then, but never have I and never do I hope to rival that night. I won't go into details, but it involved lots of tequila, loss of consciousness, loss of memory, vomiting, semi-voluntary stair diving, and waking up in a room that I had no idea how I got into. Oh, and the worst hangover ever. Not pretty.

BLANKET!