Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sound Like Anyone You Know


You are courageous; and you seek challenges. You are a tough-minded, independent and daring thinker who likes to explore ideas or problems thoroughly. You focus easily. And you are persistent, systematic and competent in pursuing your interests and goals.

You are also assertive; and you enjoy the opportunities your hard work wins.

You have a lot of energy. You think quickly, make decisions more easily than most, dislike unnecessary rules, and take a rational approach to people, issues and ideas.

You don't often enjoy "small talk." You are generally not interested in pleasing boring people and you gravitate to men and women who are intellectually exciting and get to their point quickly during conversations.

You are not conventional in most of your attitudes and values. You tend to be irreverent and pragmatic and you like spontaneous people. You can be an exciting, yet hard driving and exacting, friend and companion.

5 comments:

CMS said...

Duh......... nope ;-)

Kirsten said...

Did you write this? ;-)

Ryan said...

Believe it or not I didn't! It came from a different personality test thingy but I liked it.

James said...

I've taken the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator more times than I can count. I'm not a huge fan of it because I think it's hard to pigeon-hole people into 1 of 16 little boxes. Although, to be fair, that isn't the point, but people falsely interpret it that way, so that's really my issue with it. (My other problem is I am very middle-of-the-road in 3 or the 4 "letters" and only strong in 1, so just about every time I take it I get a slightly different result.)

Anyway, last time I took it I came out ESFP. It came with a nice long description of that type which read similar to your post. I think it's kind of like a fortune cookie or a TV psychic reading, where you can shoehorn the description into your own life. I started reading it and I said, "yeah, that's me!" But, then I had to check myself since it could apply to so many people, and I could "make" it apply to me.

The funniest line in the description was: "Many feel a special affinity for children and animals." I want to know which type has a description like "Strongly dislikes children and has a propensity for torturing small woodland animals."

Ryan said...

Did you ever read some of the other Myers-Briggs combination descriptions? I have a post not too long ago blabbing about all of this. Basically I think all of this stuff are just tools or ways to help you understand your own personality. Just parts of a whole, not to be taken as gossipel but can help unlock some stuff that may be hidden.

In any case, I think Myers-Briggs is pretty acurate but if you are pretty decided in all the letters. The degree you are one way or the other also plays into it. So if you straddle letters you are going to get different results and not resonate with the descriptions as much as someone who is decidedly one way or another. I'm pretty strong on three of the four but I straddle the E/I letter. The two descriptions are pretty accurate towards me while the other combinations are not.

It's all very interesting to me but like I said, not the last word.