Thursday, January 20, 2005

Team Loyalty

Ok, here come a bunch of posts. Before updates from the west, I want to address Kris's accusations of my team loyalty.

First, I have always been, and always will be, a Redskins fan above all other NFL teams. That has never changed since I began to get into football my second year of college.

Fact is, the 'skins have sucked for a while. Not exactly a lot to talk about.

The teams you pointed out that I have rooted for all have one main thing in common: exciting quaterbacks. I like the QB position. It's fun to watch and enjoyable to cheer for. You are right that I have switched around as far as who I root for because, I've I said, the 'skins have been sucking the big one and I have to keep myself entertained. Arguing about how well the Redskins play vs New England just isn't even worth it. However, Arguing about the Colts vs New England is a different story.

As far as your accusation about who will I love next, I seriously doubt it'll be Detroit or any of those unless they suddenly find an exciting QB to watch.

However, none of these teams will ever replace the Redskins as my #1 NFL team. A head to head battle between any of them and the 'skins will find me rooting for the 'skins everytime.

Regarding Elway. He was a great QB, awesome to watch, hell of an arm. In fact, it was because of him that I really started to get into the pro-game more and the QB position in general. I've liked Denver ever since, even without him, because I like their style of play and I think Shannahan (sp?) is a great coach.

Oh, and let me point out that I don't just root for 'who is hot now'. Its all about the QB. Christ, I liked watching Jeff George and the teams he had been with SUCKed except for the Vikings for about six games. The Packers just haven't been the same but I still cheer for them and Favre. Etc, etc.

And less anyone accuse me of bailing when things get tough, I have been a Maryland Terps fan since I started getting into sports as well. If any team can test your loyalities by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, it's the Terps. Back me up here Dave. F'ing Duke.

Ouch my ass.

No comments: